(for 25 pieces of this delicious dessert)
- 1l of milk
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 8 eggs
- 400 g sugar
- 200 g white flour
- 1 package of puff pastry sheets.
- Spread puff pastry sheets to form two identical dough sheets that fit pan shape, and bake them in the oven separately. Before baking, make square slashes with a knife across the top surface of the pastry sheet prepared for upper crust to facilitate slicing and pastry sheet for bottom crust prick all over with a fork to make sure that the crust doesn’t puff.
- Put 1l of milk and a sachet of vanilla sugar into a saucepan and boil.
- Meanwhile, put 8 egg yolks and 300 g of sugar in separate saucepan and whisk, then add 200 g of flour and stir with a wire whisk.
- Then slowly pour over boiled milk, stirring gently and constantly mixture with a wire whisk.
- Steam cream, stirring constantly and when it becomes thick, add snow made of 6 beaten egg whites and 100 g of sugar.
- Using a wire whisk, quickly stir well mixture, remove the pan from the stove, pour cream over the bottom crust and spread, and then cover it with the top crust.
- Leave it to cool, then cut vanilla slice into square pieces and sprinkle with powdered sugar over the top.
- Dessert is finished and ready to be served.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Serbian Vanilla Slice (Krempita),