- 1 kg of potatoes
- 300 ml(0,3 l) of milk
- 250 ml of sour cream
- 3 soup spoons of cooking oil
- 1-2 soup spoons of wheat flour
- 1 tea spoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tea spoom of salt
1. Wash and peel off potatoes, cut them to pieces (cubes) and put them into a cooking pan.
2. Pour into this pan enough water to cover all potatoes.
3. Cook potatoes on the stove plate about 30 minutes until it get cooked (like for the classic potatoes puree).
4. Take off the pan with the cooked potatoes, pour off 2/3 of water and leave inside the pan about 1/3 of water in which the potatoes were cooked.
5. Use some crumbling tool to crumble the cooked potatoes inside remained water to make a squashed mass, like with puree.
6. Pour into another pan 3 soup spoons of cooking oil, add 1-2 soup spoons of wheat flour, add 1 tea spoon of a ground black pepper and 1 tea spoon of salt.
7. Fry it for a few minutes constantly, whisking, and add inside this pan prepared squashed mass of potatoes.
8. Now, add 300 ml of milk, whisk it all well and cook until it get enough density, like with the puree.
9. Take off the pan from the stove plate and add 250 ml of sour cream. Whisk it well, also, and prepare mashed potatoes with the sour cream for serving.
This is an old Serbian, very tasty contribution to many kinds of meat or main meals like: fried breaded steaks, fried breaded chicken meat pieces, fried duck meat pieces, fried pork steaks, fried fish etc.
We especially recommend it instead of classic mashed potatoes as it is tastier and could be warmed up if it remains for another day (which we don’t believe it would happen).
Have a good appetite and enjoy!