- 1 medium sized cabbage head
- 1 medium sized onion
- 50 gr of rice
- 1 soup spoon and 1 tea spoon of ground red pepper
- 1 soup spoon and 2 tea spoons of a condiment (dry seasoned vegetables:”Spice C”,Vegeta etc)
- 1/2 kg of pig rump meat cut to the small cubes
- 1/2 kg of smoked pork ribs
- 5-6 pieces of bacon (dry or smoked, according to taste)
- 150 ml of cooked tomato (or 2 fresh tomatoes)
- 1 soup spoon of vinegar
- 5 soup spoons of cooking oil
- 1 soup spoon of flour
- 1 l of water
1. Put and arrange one 1/2 of the sliced cabbage onto the bottom of a 3 l capacity cooking pan.
2. Over the sliced cabbage put a chopped medium sized onion.
3. Then, pour 50 gr of rice over the onion.
4. Add 1 tea spoon of ground red pepper.
5. Add 2 tea spoons of a condiment (dry seasoned vegetables-“Spice C”).
6. Put and arrange 1/2 kg of pig rump meat cut to the small pieces (cubes), over it.
7. Put and arrange 1/2 kg of smoked ribs over the pig rump meat.
8. Put and arrange 5-6 pieces of bacon over the top of the meat.
9. Then, arrange the other half of the sliced cabbage over the top of these layers.
10.Add 150 ml of cooked tomato.
11.Add 1 soup spoon of a condiment, again (dry seasoned vegetables-“Spice C”).
12.Pour 1 l of water into the pan.
13.Turn on the stove plate, put the pan on the plate and start cooking for about 1 hour, on the temperature about 200 Celsius degrees. This is the approximate time for meat to be cooked. During this time, all other ingredients will be cooked, too.
14.On about half of cooking time add 1 soup spoon of vinegar and keep cooking. Stir the cooking content from time to time.
15.About 10-15 minutes before the end of a cooking, lower the cooking temperature a little )about 150 Celsius degrees), and prepare the browned flour separately in the next way:
– take a small saucepan, pour in 5 soup spoons of cooking oil, add 1 soup spoon of flour, fry it for a few minutes, then, add 1 soup spoon of ground red pepper, stir it well, fry it shortly and pour this content into the main cooking pan with cooking cabbage.
16.Keep cooking about 10 minutes more (we said that total cooking time was about 1 hour).
17.Turn off the stove plate, still leaving the cooking pan on it, while the plate is still hot.
18.Prepare and arrange the eating table, serve a warm domestic cooked fresh cabbage as a main meal without any contribution or salad, except bread, and enjoy with this extraordinary taste.
Have a good appetite!