Ingredients – 4 persons quantity :
- 2 heads of onion average size
- 1 soup spoon of cooking oil
- 2 small spoons of vinegar (According to taste)
- ½ small spoon of pepper (According to taste)
- 1 small spoon of salt (According to taste)
- Wash and cook the whole potatoes with coating in a hot boiling water for about 20-30 minutes.
- Clean up the onion and cut it to small thin slices.
- Put the onion slices into a deeper and wider vessel, add some salt according to taste and leave it to stay sometime (about 60 minutes).
- Pour the vinegar, oil and pepper into the separate vessel and whisk it well.
- When the potatoes were cooked, peel them out and cut them to the ring slices about 4 mm thick.
- Put the potato ring slices into the vessel with onion, overflow it with the content of vinegar, oil and pepper from the separate vessel.
- Whisk it all well carefully watching not to break out the potato ring slices and keep them in the whole pieces as it could be possible.
Potato salad could be served hot or cold as an addition to the main meal, mostly to any kind of fish or meat and could be enriched and arranged with the mayonnaise, cooked eggs and parsley, watching that any of additional ingredients do not prevail according to taste.
Vegetarians could use this very tasty and delicious salad alone, as a main meal, without mayonnaise or eggs.
Enjoy and have a good appetite!