- 2kg of common carp fish, cleaned washed and cut to average size pieces (slices)
- 200g of flour
- 1 soup spoon of ground red peppers powder
- 1/2 l of cooking oil
- salt according to taste
- 1 whole piece of lemon cut to the longitudinal or cross-cut slices (optionally)
- Firstly, clean and cut the fish to average size slices.
- Salt the fish slices according to taste.
- Pour 200g of flour into a soup-plate, add one full soup spoon of ground red peppers and whisk it well.
- Previously prepare a sauce pen, pour 1/2 l of cooking oil inside, turn on the stove plate to the temperature of 180 Celsius degrees and warm up the oil.
- Roll on the carp fish slices into the flour and red peppers powder mixture, lower the frying temperature to 150 Celsius degrees and fry fish slices into the hot oil for about 10-15 minutes until they get a roasted color.
- Take out roasted carp slices from the oil, put them for a while on previously prepared tray with paper napkins to absorb some oil.
Arrange the fried carp slices on a serving tray and serve them hot with mashed potatoes or with a potatoes salad. The carp is very tasty and “sweet” fish meat and could be served in various celebrating or common family ocassions, Christmas or solemn weekend lunch etc.
Have a good appetite and enjoy!