(for a lot of guests – great events)
- 4 kg of pickled cabbage,
- 300 g pork,
- 300 g beef,
- 300 g lamb meat,
- 300 g sausage,
- 500 g of spareribs,
- 200 g cracklings,
- 400 g lean bacon,
- salt and pepper to taste,
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper.
- Cut the cabbage in larger pieces.
- Cut meat into smaller pieces and salt it. Do not mix meat.
- Wash spareribs in lukewarm water.
- In the larger pot (or crock) of 5 liters put at the bottom few sheets of dry bacon then add layers by following order: cabbage, pork, cabbage, sausage, cabbage, beef, cabbage, spareribs, cabbage, lamb meat, cabbage, bacon, cabbage, cracklings, cabbage. At top put the bacon cut on sheets again, and a few solid leaves of cabbage.
- In the gallon of water mix salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, and pour cabbage.
- Add water to cover ingredients.
- Place the cabbage on a moderate heat to cook slowly. Do it four days, two hours every day.
- Serve warm with hot pone.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Monkish Cabbage (Kaluđerski kupus),